LOL!
And what's going to happen the next time Region D hosts the D2 game and Giles County comes here? Will it make any difference if they kick Region D butt at UVA-Wise or at one of the local schools?
[ QUOTE ]
Facilities are great, but the location is not that great for all the teams in the Region D. It is convenient if you're living in Wise County, and it's not a long drive from Clintwood. But, you've got other schools in the Region from Buchanan County and Russell County.
[/ QUOTE ]
THAT'S TOO BAD, ISN'T IT!!! HAHAHAHA!!! LET'EM ALL HAVE TO COME TO WISE COUNTY TO GET THAT OLE A S S KICKED!!!
[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/getsmile.tmp007816300.gif[/img]
TO BE THE MAN YOU'VE GOT TO BEAT THE MAN!!!
YOU CAN'T SEE ME! YOU CAN'T SEE ME!
LOL!
And what's going to happen the next time Region D hosts the D2 game and Giles County comes here? Will it make any difference if they kick Region D butt at UVA-Wise or at one of the local schools?
[URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]
You are correct there, this is the first time 2 games have happened there for regional finals. I thought you was just asking if it the first time being used for regional finals. My bad.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
No problem. Even the little league teams use the college for the big "playoffs".
From what I understand of the situation, the principals agreed to try it this year. With the re-structuring of the districts, I don't expect that it will be permanent.
[URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]
You may very well be right. Its a great premise, and it gives the fans even more of a reason to come out and see to games. It also is good for the teams to have the opportunity to play on that surface, but if Harrisonburg has changed surfaces, that is thrown out the window.
Plus, shouldn't a team who earned the #1 seed be rewarded? This doesn't do that at all. So, it definitely, as with anything, has its benefits, and losses.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
I agree the #1 seed in the Region should get the home field advantage.
I don't think there is an ideal situation for the playoffs. Even in basketball, the region is rotating playoffs between the LPD, BDD, and Cumberland, with games at Clintwood Elem, Clinchco Elem, and Castlewood High. If they stay with the same premise, throw the new district in the mix. Some have suggested that the playoffs should just be held at one place like VA High. But, Region D covers a lot of territory, so you've always got some teams having to travel a long distance every year.
Great facilities are nice, but I think you have to weigh in travel distance too.
[URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]
I do agree. I like the rotation for all of the sports other than football. I would hate for every regional to be at X location year in and year out. If you do that, only one school is reaping the benefits of concession money, and etc.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
[ QUOTE ]
Region D hosts Region C
[/ QUOTE ]
REGION D TRAVLES TO REGION C THIS YEAR FOR GAME 13
[img]http://www.bristolvaschools.org/vhs/images/bearcat.jpg[/img]
Not in D1.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Region D hosts Region C for the D1 playoff, vice versa for the D2 playoff.
It rotates.
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Region D hosts Region C
[/ QUOTE ]
REGION D TRAVLES TO REGION C THIS YEAR FOR GAME 13
[/ QUOTE ]
[URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]
Bookmarks